I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Wednesday 26 September 2012

WOYWW (WOYWM)

Hello all... later than usual this week with What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, sorry!  And the picture was actually taken at 7am on Monday, before I left home (working away at present), so it's really a photo of What's On My Workdesk Monday, though I can promise you that it's all still there today, as nobody will have touched it in the meantime!!


A shot from directly above the craft mat today, full of all the bits from the last minute crafting I squeezed in late night Sunday and very early morning Monday, before going - knowing the next chance to sit down and do anything would be Friday at the earliest...

Lots of DIs in my favourite blues and browns; some half finished tags; some leaf die-cut leftovers in gold (from this), waiting to be used as templates in future projects; a timeworn rusted key; and the hanging I've been working on, which will be posted shortly - if I get it all done in the lunch break now!  Done now - here it is.

If all the WOYWWWOMWM is confusing you, pop over to Julia Dunnit's Stamping Ground for the hop of the week around the craft desks of the world... and it will all become clearer!

Once again, I'll have to be doing my visiting over the course of the coming week, but I'm looking forward to coming for a good snoop very soon.  In the meantime, a happy WOYWW to you all!

Certainly true for me this week, absent from my craft desk, with increasingly itchy fingers:
Absence makes the heart grow fonder
First recorded in that form by a Miss Stickland in The Pocket Magazine of Classic and Polite Literature, 1832

25 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

What wonderful things on your desk! Love those colour choices!

MiniOwner said...

Yes your workdesk is a real treasure trove. Happy Wednesday. :o)
Sue x (MiniOwner #72)

Karen McAlpine said...

I see all sorts of lovely bits and pieces. That small hanging looks really cool. Can't wait to see the close-up photos!!
Karen 102

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

lots of distressed goodness i see there!

Unknown said...

blues and browns are so pretty! #109

House of Bears said...

We get itchy paws when away from our desk!

Karin said...

Fabulous collection on your desk. Lots of wonderful distress goodies.
Happy Wednesday.

Francesca said...

Your desk is looking great, at least you have some ideas, I'm in the duldrums, Im fed up with the reain. Not taking part this week. Francesca

My name is Cindy said...

lovely lovely projects! Happy WOYWW wherever you are. Cindy #88

Jenny Marples said...

Magic being created on that desk of yours again hun, and despite the mad week you seem to be getting it all done. You really are superwoman eh?! Hope you get to play more soon. Hugs, Buttons #70

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...lots of creativity here Alison, loVe the look of your finished piece, super looking music sheet & a heart with a key, hmmmmm something gorgeous is on it's way...Melx :)

Redanne said...

It will certainly be lovely for you to come home to a creative workspace. Your finished project looks fabulous, don't know where you find the time to make your gorgeous creations. Happy WOYWw, Anne x #65

Anonymous said...

blues and browns... elegant ... i love what i see on your desk! keep on creating, melinda alpha #55

Sandi McLean said...

One treasure after another on your desk! What a delight to dig into. 118 WOYWW

Bernice said...

The hanging looks great. I'm sure you can't wait to get back to your carft desk.
Bernice #69

Neet said...

That looks to be a very nice hanging that you have done, love the images - and the tag just above it looks gorgeous too.
I tend to go for those blues and browns in DI's - but have never put them together - now about to try.
Hope you are soon back to quell those itchy fingers.
Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog. Hugs, Neet x #5

Unknown said...

Hi Alison thanks for popping by - maybe we should start a petition for the reissue of the Autumn inks! Great idea about making your own though! We might have to make do with that. I have just been scrolling through your recent posts and admiring your work. I love that textured note book cover - so tactile. WOYWW Hugs from Helen 83

okienurse said...

OMG! Alison you have an awesome collection of makes with the steampunk stamps, the butterfly children etc. from the previous posts. Your desk is definitely creative and colorful this week. Thanks for visiting. Vickie #87

May said...

Gorgeous hanging there Alison on your desk which is full of crafty goodness!! you have been busy... Hugs May x x x#52

Princess Judy Palmer said...

See, now then, you just think that is what is on your desk on Wednesday. Little do you know we sneaked into your house and have been playing with your goodies since you are gone. All your tags look neat but neatest of all is the hanging piece. How fun is that?!

lisa said...

You look as though you are in full production of some wonderful creativity there. I've recently discovered the blue and brown DI combo and absolutely love it.
Have fun and thanks for the visit.
H20's are mica based watercolour paint btw, lovely little things.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #80

Lisa-Jane said...

Your projects have such great style and there is always so much to look at on each piece.

Nicky said...

Wow that looks like a busy desk and full of creativity - yes in my desk is an old roll top desk, thanks for visiting me

Morti said...

Hello Alison!

WELL!!!!


I'm glad I had a rumble and a burble around your blog, because I then hit your Mum's blog too....small world.

Do tell her that one of your bloggy buddies is a huge Chalet School fan (since my Mum bought me my first book 30 years ago) but not only that, oh my, do I have some dollshouses to show her! She really needs to meet my Mum!

This week, I'll put some pictures up of my castles which my Dad made. I don't have pics of my Mum's dollshouse that Dad made for her, but I might be able to find the magazine article...

I would say, after having seen your kind words about all the crafters you've met, that you have a natural talent yourself - no WAY does your work look like that of a novice, so praise is heaped right back atchya!

Thanks for stopping by! Shame we won't be seeing you on the 13th...

Amy E said...

I'm running SO late this week since it's almost Wednesday again, but wanted to stop by and say happy WOYWW!

Amy E. #8
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com