I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Thursday 14 February 2013

Letting the cat out of the PaperArtsy bag!

It's a big day here at Words and Pictures:  not only can you see my second Guest Designer project over at The Artistic Stamper, but it's time to reveal a secret.  I can't be silent any longer... it's time to break the news that had me squealing with delight before Christmas: I've been invited by Leandra to be one of the PaperArtsy designers for 2013.  Now my "term" is not until the end of the year, so why break my silence now?  Simple...

... new PaperArtsy stamps... new PaperArtsy stamps... new PaperArtsy stamps... 




And Leandra asked the design team to create some samples using the new releases...  I know, go ahead, hate me now!


But let me show you some of my sneak peeks while you're at it.







Today it's the new JOFY release - and it's glorious!  Over at the PaperArtsy blog right now you can see the full range.

Jo Firth-Young has created some incredibly beautiful new stamps, and there are sneak peeks taking you to the other designers' blogs to see what they've created with them.

And keep your eyes peeled...




On Friday, Saturday and Sunday there'll be more releases revealed - including stamp ranges created by brand new designers.



But for now let me share with you the projects I created with the JOFY stamps which arrived through my letterbox.  Since I made quite a few pieces - the inspiration comes easy when you're surrounded by such lovely stamps - I'll just give you a few pictures today to whet your appetite, and then probably share them individually over the next days and weeks with more information about how they were created (partly for my own benefit, so that I have a bloggy record of how I did what I did!).  



I hadn't worked with any of Jo's designs before, but loved them everywhere I saw them, and was just waiting for the chance. They're not in my usual style, but I find them absolutely delightful.

And, oh my word, they're lovely to play with.  Beautiful, fresh, quirky, and a fantastically sharp image every time.

With the new large flower sets, I decided to have a go at watercolouring with Distress Stains.  It's something I've had a bit of a go at before (on canvas, one time, you may remember), and really enjoyed.

I created a co-ordinating group of panels using the sets I'd been sent.  Here they are as a group.

(Check out the snow, and the tree bark is almost black with moisture instead of its usual friendly brown... but a girl's gotta do whatta girl's gotta do to get her outdoor lighting for the photographs).






There are two using the JOFY 10 set (remember, you can click on a picture for a close-up):


Two using JOFY 11 (completely in love with that butterfly):

And, guess what, two using JOFY 12:


As I said, I'll give you a closer look at the work that went in to creating these some time soon, but if I go into details on all of these projects at once this would end up as my longest post ever, and that's saying something!

So a couple more new projects to share with you, and then I'll leave you in peace to go and check out all the other designer samples...

As well as the large flower sets, this new JOFY release includes some fantastic Minis - smaller stamps to use on their own or combine as you please.  I think maybe my three favourites are JOFY JMs 9, 10 and 11...


These will fit on an ATC... so cute!

When I saw them, I knew exactly what I wanted to try first, so here are a couple of variations in a neutral palette.



And finally for today, a tag made with some of the other JOFY minis to be released.  These are great collages of some of the flower elements, so you can use them as background stamps (as I have) or you could build your own flowers out of them (my next thing to have a play with!).  
  
                



I added the sentiment from JOFY 12 on a little extra tag and some Treasure Gold in Aquamarine for a touch of gilding.

I hope that's got you itching to create something with these new stamps... coming soon to a stamp store near you.  

Check out the PaperArtsy blog for links to lots more inspiration from the rest of the team, and don't forget noon on Friday and noon on Saturday for more exciting releases.  (I'm not playing on Friday, but will be back on Saturday to share some more samples with you.)






And I hope you'll allow me one last plug for my project over at The Artistic Stamper - I rather like it, and I'd be sad if it got completely lost in the PaperArtsy stampede!!

Here's a tiny taster just to finish off with...

Thank you so much for your company on this amazing journey. I feel so lucky to have discovered this world of crafting and crafters... it's changing my life, and I'm so grateful for that and for all your support along the way.


The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
Eleanor Roosevelt

Life is a blank canvas, and you need to throw all the paint on it you can.
Danny Kaye

What's the good of living if you don't try a few things?
Charles M. Schulz

60 comments:

Helen said...

Congratulations, these are absolutely stunning! I have signed up to follow your blog so I don't miss a thing.

PaperArtsy said...

Alison, beautiful samples with Jo's new stuff. Thanks so much for all you did. Absolutely stunning! Leandra

Bonnie Irvine said...

Squeal! Alison, I am so excited for you. A huge congratulations to you and to Paper Artsy, too, for bringing you on the team. I'm a huge fan of their stamps and products and love everything you create so for me, it's a win-win. You truly deserve this honour as you have shown in your beautiful whimsical art today!

yoursartfully said...

Beautiful samples Alison, I love the colour palette you chose, so delicate, soft and pretty.

Lin

Gio said...

Such a great news , Alison, congratulations!!

Can't wait to see more of your beautiful samples!

House of Bears said...

We appear to have a green tinge about our fur, envy? Us? Never? We love anything Ppaerartsy, comgratulations on the DT call. We love what you've done with the new stamps. It's our birthday soon so we may have to pawchase one or theee of these.

Paper Profusion said...

You have done stunning work with these yummy stamps Alison! Serious congratulations - you must be on another orbit with delight! Well done. Nicola x

toni said...

Great news Alison what a fantastic company to be associated with , love those samplesx

Unknown said...

FABULOUS Alison! I love your projects and your amazing talent shines through. Congrats on the new DT post!!! Well deserved. :-)

Hope you have a very Happy Valentine's Day! Hugs

brenda said...

If I ever had a resolution to buy no more stamps Alison, it just went out the window yet again. In fact I was just looking one of Jo's new stamps in a magazine and thought it looked like a 'need' item and you have showcased them beautifully here.

B x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

They are gorgeous, what a great stamps. Love the backgrounds of the cards....and your suitcase: amazing!

Bye bye, Alie :-)

Keren Tamir said...

Wow Alison I'm speechless. Amazing

Brenda Brown said...

Woo hoo Alison, just fantastic news, you will be a perfect addition to the team. I have to wonder do you ever sleep? Your create so many wonderful things which would take me months to get my head round. So looking forward to seeing your next batch.
Happy Dance day and huge congrats.
Happy Valentine Day too.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Deborah said...

Richly deserved, Alison! Congratulations :-) I'm loving your Jofy projects - especially with your signature corrugated cardboard.

Carol Q said...

your JOFY projects are just gorgeous Alison. and HUMUNGOUS congrats on being a PaperArtsy designer.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Jealous? No! Because this is the best, most well deserved treat for you and everyone who knows your art! So pleased for you and congratulations - you are going to have so much fun! You really have made some lovely pieces here! Smiles and xxx,Chrisx

Sarah said...

You are one busy lady!! Congratulations as you begin your newest adventure.

Astrid Maclean said...

Well, first of all, BIG CONGRATS!!! Am I surprised? - no not really, I had kind of been waiting for an announcement like this ☺. I can see these are not your usual style, but all the better for you to be so creative with them, - well done!!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Congratulations Alison! Although not your usual style, love the soft colours you have used andthe neutrals are yummy! What yummy goodies to have revived ! Trace. X hugs x

Anonymous said...

Wow Alison these are fabulous ! I love the fresh colours you've used and the ATC panel is gorgeous in the neutral tones. Off to check out you AS project now ! Sue C x

Darcy Marshall said...

So much fabulousness, I totally adore the neutral ones, and the ones on corrugated card, oh ok I love them all lol Really beautiful.

Chrissy said...

Gosh I love these stamps, fantastic projects Alison and such gorgeous colours..love the neutral tags too, cant choose which I like best, the brown or the white images..wonderful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

catherine said...

These are just so fantastic Alison. Loving these new stamps
x catherine

Dorthe said...

Congratulations, dear Alison- so wonderful for you.
The stamps are truly not your normal style, but I`m sure they will be used for many beautiful projects from your hands. I already love them in your neutral palette!
Hugs,Dorthe

Ozawa said...

Huuu, cool! Fine paper art!

JoFY said...

Thanks for creating all these lovely pieces with the JOFY stamps - gorgeous projects. Dainty pieces - love them - can't wait to see them in 'the flesh'
xx

craftimamma said...

Oh you lucky, lucky lady but you're too nice and too deserving of the guest DT spot to hate! Jo's stamp designs are not the norm for me either but I've fallen for them big time and bought her first set two weeks ago..... I'm definitely hooked now!

I love what you have done with these lovely fresh designs Alison. Every single piece is delightful and I'm going back for another look (probably two or three actually). Congratulations and well done of some fab projects.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Krisha said...

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!!

froebelsternchen said...

GORGEOUS ALISON!

Anonymous said...

Hello Alison, your work is stunning. I saw your amazing project for the Artistic Stamper earlier today & I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next for PaperArtsy.

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Oh my!! They couldn't have asked a better artist to be on their DT. Congrats!! The new stamps are fab!! And they work really well in a neutral color scheme as well. Love all your creations, as always!

Francesca said...

Well done Alison, well deserved. I don't think my bank balance will stand it. Jo's new stamps Neil Walkers new masks etc etc. Hugs

Sue said...

Gorgeous samples Alison, and huge congratulations on your DT announcement, I can tell that you and PA will be a match made in heaven xx

Redanne said...

Woo hoo Alison, I am squealing with delight for you!! What fantastic news and richly deserved. Loved the previous set of stamps when Leandra used them on a video but the new ones are amazing........ oh dear, there goes my resolve again. Love all your fabulous makes. Hugs, Anne x

Rebecca said...

Lovely samples, live the way people have taken different spin on them, :)
Happy craftin
Rebecca

Gillian .... said...

Amazing samples Alison, simply stunning, love the au natural feel to these new designs. Woop:) xx

Von said...

Your so right Alison they are really delightful stamps :)
Von ♥

Renee said...

Congrats! So very happy for you!!

Geraldine said...

Congratulations, love what you made with the stamps, they are gorgeous.

Kate Yetter said...

Well now, you are one lucky girl! And I am jealous!! I love PA Stamps! I know you will showcase them gorgeously. Go girl!!

chrissie said...

Congratulations and well deserved for sure.They are fantastic stamps and you have made some wonderful things to show them off.

Love Chrissie xx

Laurart said...

Love what you did with them! Especially the turquoise one...I love the quote on that tag! Gorgeous! Love and hugs Laura xxxxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous news, congratulations - well deserved :) Your creations are fantastic, so the new images are. Looking forward to see more.

craftytrog said...

Wow! An abundance of beautiful artwork Alison! I love the neutral shades on the middle tags, I know, strange coming from colourful me! Lol!
Congratulations on your fab news!
Alison xx

Dianne said...

STUNNINGI'm so excited to see everything you do..Thanks for sharing..

Lisa Minckler said...

You've been a plethora of inspiration to me this morning. I've obviously had my head lodged somewhere the past few days and totally missed some of your incredible posts! Congratulations on the beaming news. I'm certain that feels good to get that cat out of the bag :D Your projects are filled with elements that I could stare at for hours. Thank you so much for sharing your always wonderful journey. :)
hugs
Lisa x

Annie said...

Huge congrats Alison. I am thrilled for you and can only imagine how you yourself are feeling.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Can't wait to see more of your makes

Xx

Netty said...

Big congratulations Alison, you sure are going to be ultra busy what with packing up house and everything.
Loving your beautiful makes with the new stamps. Sending you big hugs of congratulations. Annette x

Anonymous said...

Alison
I am sooooooo thrilled for you.
This is the most amazing news - did I not predict that 2013 was the year to watch you soar even moreso than last year. You so deserve such recognition.
An incredible display of samples with their new stamps.
Wishes
Lynne

cathylynn said...

Congratulations! Amazing projects you have created! Pure talent! All so awesome !
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Cinderella Moments said...

OMG! Congratulations! This is a very well deserved honor. Your talent is incredible.
I LOVE those minis!!!
hugs♥,
Caroline

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

YAY YOU!!!! What a mecca of gorgeous creations!!! I love them all! Whimsical and FUN and beautiful! Love them on the corrugated! The watercolor is fabulous...a perfect technique here!!! Love the whole lot! a big KUDOS!!!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

You just have too much fun playing, lol. Luv these new stamps and what you've done with them, they are lovely.

Chris said...

Yay, fantastic and I'm so happy for you Alison, very well deserved and I'm sure you're going to,have lots of fun!

Love your samples, WoW you've really done the gorgeous Leandra proud and they are so full of inspiration. Hugs Chris x

Kezzy said...

Congratulations on your new DT team, wow Paperartsy, it doesn't get much bigger then that lol. I'm not surprised your work is truly awesome and what you have done with the new stamps are stunning. I'm off to check out Artistic stamper to see another gorgeous project :-) Hugs Kezzy xxx

Andrea Small said...

Firstly, ENORMOUS congratulations on your exciting news:-D
Secondly - what yummy stamps!
Andrea xx

Marjie Kemper said...

Congratulations!!! What wonderful news, and no wonder whatsoever why you're on the team. Your work is so fabulous, Alison! Love all these wonderful samples and can't wait to see what else you make this year. I fear for my wallet as you will tempt me!!!

Janny Jager said...

Great stamps Alison and amazing the things you made with them,
they are beautiful.
Greetings Janny

Lucy Edmondson said...

Gorgeous work, Alison, and I don't think I could possibly hate you! I love the way JoFY has put the text background on the Minis with the flowers,

Lucy x

Sandy said...

Oh congratulations Sugar!!! They are so very lucky to have you - and I mean they are lucky!!!! You are without a doubt one of the most talented artists in Blogland! I love everything you did here - oh dear what am I going to do? Maybe the money fairy will visit me.
Sandy