I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Wednesday 14 December 2016

Golden Palaces

Hello all!  There's a tiny pause in the madness of my 12 Tags of Christmas making and posting (seven days and tags down, five days and tags to go), and today I'm here with a sneak peek to tempt you over to the PaperArtsy blog.  I've hardly put in an appearance there this year, so I was very happy to be able to squeeze in this inspiration project for the current Mail Art theme.


I've ended up with a trio of envelopes in the pursuit of my idea of a fantastical fabled land of riches for the letters to come from - for some reason, the phrase "the Golden Towers of Samarkand" kept popping into my head.  I tried various degrees of gilded stamping, so do hop over there and see which is your favourite.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I'll see you again soon.

The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself...
Prospero's lines from The Tempest by William Shakespeare

23 comments:

Helen said...

have seen them in full and am drooling at their combined beauty! after a quiet year, craftwise, you are certainly making up for lost time, which is great to see.

maj. said...

What a wonderful creations, Alison!!!!!

Amanda said...

Love them all, but the flakes have worked brilliantly
Love
Amanda x

Paper Profusion said...

Glorious gilding!!! This looks bejeweled Alison! Nicola x

Redanne said...

I have been seen and love them all! The gilding flake towers remind me of the far east - they are particularly stunning! Apologies if I am missing for a few days, places to go, people to see... will do my best to catch up on your wonderful projects. Anne xx

Margik said...

Wonderful mail art, Alison!
Mar xx

Fliss said...

This looks rather lovely Alison so off to see what you've done now.
Fliss xx

chrissie said...

Very beautiful and such an amazing idea Alison. To receive a written letter at all these days would be terrific but receive one in an envelope like this would be so special..I think the cheap,paper adds effect that you wouldn't get on the thicker envelopes.

Love Chrissie xx

brenda said...

A quick hello Alison, like all of us not enough hours at the moment but did want to take a peek at today's gorgeous creation.

B x

CastleKelly Crafts said...

Fab envelopes, I love the idea of decorating the envelope have done it a couple of times for my daughter and it has put a big beam of a smile on her face when she has picked it up. The favourite one has to be the gilding flakes, just gorgeous. X

Nikki Acton said...

Great work... Love the gold experimentation over your trademark colours... They all work for me! I must visit Samarkland! Lol xx

Cocofolies said...

Sadly, I have not much time to go on PA's blog at the moment and leave supportive comments...But really tempted with you! :) :D
Have a peaceful Christmas Alison, take a good and creative rest if you can now after this very busy working year for you.
I'm going to take time off for a holiday with my family soon.. I hope I have time to visit you there, and admire the remaining tags to go! xxx

Hazel Agnew said...

Your enjoyment and energy appear to be boundless Alison. Long may you inspire us! Fabulous darling! Xx

itsazoo said...

Gorgeous.....

Jackie PN said...

Love the gold Alison! So not you- but a beautiful treat for sure! xoxo

Dorthe said...

Gorgeous envelopes, Alison, they are beautiful all, and oh yes, I love the golden town, made with the flakes, it looks stunning, dear.
xoxo

Sandy said...

I went over there and saw your fantastic idea. Loved it Alison!!
sandy xx

Brenda Brown said...

Stunning xxx

Julie Lee said...

Intriguing and beautiful Alison. I love how imaginative and how mysterious these are. xx

Craftyfield said...

I love them all but the gilding flakes one has that wow factor! One of my favourite PA stamps too...

Mrs.B said...

Just had a closer look, love the gold stamped towers on the inky backgrounds, a glorious idea.
avril xx

sarascloset said...

Wow, who wouldn't want to open their mailbox to find this??! Gorgeous, but I've hopping over for the details! Hugs!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Cool. Cool. Cool! For the shine I liked the gilding flakes, for authenticity I liked the plain stamping. Either way, your handwriting is perfect for the address.