I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Friday 30 December 2016

PaperArtsy Parade 2016

Hello all - for the second time today...

After my quiet year, I'm finishing off with a final flourish of a double-post day!  I hope you'll be able to check out my Tag Friday watercolour gift tags for A Vintage Journey from earlier today, but right now I'm inviting you over to the PaperArtsy blog for a retrospective of my favourite projects from some of the inspiration topics on offer there throughout 2016.


The topics I've had a chance to catch up with after missing so much while away on my travels this year are Dangles/Beads/Charms, Making Marks, Autumn Leaves and Die Cuts.  It was a lovely opportunity to see what the amazing designers and challenge participants have been creating.  And there's some reflection on my creative year too - always an interesting thing to indulge in at this time of the changing year.  I hope you'll be able to hop over and take a look, and that you'll enjoy the selection on offer. 

For now, I'm going to wish you all a very Happy New Year, and I'll see you on the other side.  Good luck for 2017, everybody.  We can only hope... 

Hope
Smiles from the threshold of the year to come, 
Whispering 'it will be happier'...
Alfred, Lord Tennyson

For last year's words belong to last year's language 
And next year's words await another voice.
T.S. Eliot

18 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

You are always an inspiration for us !
Your style is unique and always a treat to see!
Wishing you the best possible start to the New Year dear Alsion!
oxo Susi

Paper Profusion said...

I've made it back... Will pop over for a browse Alison ... Sending you best wishes for Happiness, Health and an abundance of Hope throughout 2017. Nicola x

chrissie said...

Always wonderful to read your posts and I love to read the words on all of them as well as seeing the artistic creations.

I wish you a very Happy and Healthy 2017

Love Chrissie xx

experiments in paper said...

Oh, I've missed so much of your posts - what a treat to catch up this evening....You are always such an inspiration! Best wishes for a wonderful 2017! And many thanks to you for your message of hope - something we need over here and many places. I welcome the reminder, friend! xxx Lynn

brenda said...

Thank you for all your inspiration Alison.

Happy New Year and a crafty 2017.

B x

Helen said...

Loved seeing your picks of the topics you reviewed. Happy New Year - hope you get some more time in your own craft room in 2017!

Redanne said...

You certainly picked some stunning pieces Alison!! I spent ages watching Dounia's video and now want to make a necklace like hers! I wish I had thought of Darcy's time machine, it is fabulous. I enjoyed reading your whole review so much!

I have probably said it before, but I wish you all the very best for 2017, I hope it allows you a little more relaxation in your craft room than this year has! Thank you so much too, for all your inspiration this year. Hugs, Anne xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Loved your round up alison. Wishing you a very happy and successful new year,

Lucy x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Just wanted to pop by to wish the best that 2017 can bring! Hoping for a catch up too! Hugs, Chris

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Thanks for pointing us over...gorgeous makes. I wish you a very happy and healthy new year too!

Jackie PN said...

Sending wishes for you and your family dear Alison for a very healthy, happy and creative new year!!
Thank you so very much for all of your lovely comments and your visits to my blog!
much love,Jackie xoxo

Craftyfield said...

I did catch your Paper Artsy post, very good too!
Thank you so much for your lovely comments last year and now it's my turn to wish you a good creative year 2017, maybe a little bit more sedentary! xx

Kasia said...

Happy New Year, Alison!

Barbara said...

THAnks for your inspirations Alison! your works are always amazing! I can't wait to see what you'll create during this year! Barbara

Dorthe said...

Dear Alison,
A very Happy New Year to you, filled with hope for a better world, and for you to have what you wish for, dear friend.
All the best and hugs from Dorthe

Cocofolies said...

Off to see your post Alison, sorry for the delay. And of course, I will also admire in detail your tags next, as I have also watched Anna-Karin's video and started to play a bit following her technique!! :)
I hope you have enjoyed the past festive days, and here's wishing you and your family a peaceful and fantastic 2017.
Hugs, Corinne xx

Annie said...

Loved your beautiful tags for AVJ and hopefully I will get a chance to view your PA picks soon xx
Delighted your card arrived safely if a tad delayed xx
Sending my best wishes to you for a Happy New Year 2017

Hugs Annie x

sarascloset said...

I enjoyed reading your delightful post at Paper Artsy, and seeing the projects there that caught your eye! Happy New Year to you, Alison! I hope it promises to be one full of more crafting and less work than 2016!