I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Monday 9 January 2017

Dippy Wooden Diptych




Hello all and happy Monday!

I'm here with a sneak peek to tempt you to join me at Destination Inspiration over at A Vintage Journey today.

I've been playing with wood and the dip and smoosh of the wrinkle-free distress technique to create, yes, a "dippy diptych".

Wood, if you stop to think of it, has been man’s best friend in the world. It held him in his cradle, went to war as the gunstock in his hand, was the frame of the bed he came to rejoicing, the log upon his hearth when he was cold, and will make him his last long home. It was the murmuring bough above his childhood play, and the roof over the first house he called his own. It is the page he is reading at this moment; it is the forest where he seeks sanctuary from a stony world.
From American Heartwood by Donald Culross Peattie

I hope you'll be able to hop over and take a look, and I hope you all have a great week.

19 comments:

Helen said...

this destination is right up your street! (is it your choice? If not, just perfect). Love the crackles and splatters.

chrissie said...

Amazing ideas on this Alison and it looks achievable now I have seen how you did it. The crackle is really deep and looks stunning.

The words today are so true as well

Love Chrissie xx

Jane said...

It's gorgeous Alison, it looks like real splintered wood and your blues and browns are perfect colours. Perfect sentiment too xx

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic project Alsion♥

A Pink said...

Fabulous project and Di post Alison . x

Marci said...

As I said over there, serene and lovely.

sarascloset said...

Simply breathtaking, Alison! Great tutorial over at A Vintage Journey. Thank you for sharing your techniques on this; certainly going to give your crackle technique a try when I get these products! Hugs!

Dorthe said...

So amazing, I love your winter nature, the cracks, and beautiful inside ,too-
I love it and the words of Donald Culross Peattie, too. They are so true, and a lovely find for your creation dear Alison.
XoX

Neet said...

You certainly tempted me. Off for a peek.
Thanks, Neet xx

Mrs.B said...

Off for a closer look.
Avril xx

Sue said...

This is beautiful, fabulous crackle xx

maj. said...

Great, beautiful work, Alison!

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Another stunner Alison!!
Hugs
Donna xx

Paper Profusion said...

Saw this in its entirety over at AVJ Alison. Its totally you and absolutely gorgeous! I can see you playing with Tim's new flower stamps as soon as they are available! Nicola x

sally said...

Those "wood" lines are so beautiful! I'm off to check the rest of the story...

Sally

Terry said...

While making my "not as often"blogging rounds, I see I have missed so much beauty and creativity! Alison, this is as always gorgeous and the crackle texture as well. Love it and hope your 2017 is wonderful! Hugs!

Jackie PN said...

heading over for a closer look!
And I must tell you, that verse you added is just beautiful! thank you for sharing!
Jackie xo

pearshapedcrafting said...

Finally got around to catching up with this fabulous creation! Love the crackle and the gorgeous blues! Hugs, Chrisx

Cocofolies said...

Hi Alison,
Loving this sneak peek, I'm going to try to catch-up with this beautiful make by you and the last other ones!!
But another difficult and busy week for me, so don't worry if I can't catch-up with all this time pls. Hugs, Corinne xx