I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Tuesday 24 January 2017

New Lynne Perrella and Infusions Part II

Hello all!  So glad you've been enjoying yourselves with Part I of my sample-sharing on the Lynne Perrella launch night, as well as all the other amazing PaperArtsy releases.  As promised (threatened?), I'm back to share some more of my projects, and there'll be one final instalment in a couple of days.

I'll be fairly quick today (I hope)... we're photo-heavy but not too wordy.  I've some sets of ATCs and a tag to share with you.  As well as launching the Perrella sets, Leandra was also after samples for the Infusions display boards.  She suggested some ATCs would be useful for filling in the gaps, so that set me off on these sets.


First of all, I wanted to get the measure of the colours we were playing with - Sleight Blue, Violetta and In The Navy.  








I stencilled some gesso onto ATC cards and tried out a couple of combinations.  This is the Sleight Blue with some In The Navy.
















And here's the Violetta in action with Sleight Blue.














I don't know whether Leandra will have a use for these on the boards given they have no stamping on them...














... but I thought they were pretty with all that gesso texture, so I popped them into the sample parcel anyway.






The next sets focus on one Infusions colour at a time, and now there are stamps involved too.  One of the things I'm learning to love about the Infusions is that even in "one colour" there are granules of different tones - making the whole thing very exciting when you spritz with water and see what emerges.






So here's the Sleight Blue trio, with their little touch of metal.  I love this colour - is it blue, is it grey, is it green?  It's all of them and more!













I adore this little house and handwriting collage from LPC 036... I can imagine it on bookmarks and journalling pages.













You've already seen this splendid woman from LPC 035 in action on my 6 x 6 cards - she's perfect for an ATC-sized project.











And how riveting is the gaze from the centre of this border image from LPC 037?  Hypnotically "eye-catching"!









There have to be words of course - just a couple of them though... Chitchat stickers, usefully giving a kraft accent to match the frames.


I know there are lots of colours within one powder but, looking at those close-ups, I'm thinking a couple of stray granules of Violetta may have infiltrated these!







Now for the pure Violetta version of the trio... metal heart brads for these ones...












I have to say, it's a bit full-on for me in terms of pinkness when you use it in isolation.













I know there are plenty of you who will love it just like this, but for me it comes to life once you start to mix it with the grungier colours.













Violetta is certainly vivid, and the hits of purple are fun, especially when you get these little firework explosions swirling across the paper.






And you do get those brownish granules which were perfect to tie in with the colour of the ink-stamped images...


... as well as working helpfully to echo the kraft frames and Chitchat stickers.






Last of the ATCs... here's your In The Navy re-working of the same design trio.  (How sweet is that little ivy leaf, determined to put in an appearance?)












The making-of couldn't be simpler, really.

A sprinkle of powder (making sure not to cover the whole ATC)...














... keeping slightly in mind the shape of the stamps and where they will sit...












... a spritz of water, and then the Potting Soil stamping of the images.









The Chitchat stickers, metal embellishments, and framing cardstock are all just finishing touches.


Layers of cardstock are also useful to firm up the samples - they're going to have to be fairly durable.






Finally for today I've got a tag to show you.  This only came about as a way to use up one of the lighter secondary stencil prints you saw in the Part I post.

You may just be able to see soft-edged pale Harlequins hovering somewhere in the background, just adding a distressed look to the stamping really.













I stamped this magnificent horsewoman (I'm pretty sure that's a riding hat) from LPC 035 in Potting Soil and clear-embossed her for added presence.
















I added the wonderful eye panel across the foot of the tag with the same method.











Then I used Weathered Wood Distress Ink to stamp the different sections of the panel onto the background.

Using Distress Ink means you get a softer edge to your stamped image.











I think that works well to give a sense of complexity and detail to the background without taking the eye away from the main images too much.

They're not in any particular order.  I stamped one section at a time and mixed them around so they were fairly random; and I wasn't trying to be perfect, so in places they overlap or don't quite meet.











There were still some kraft diamonds hanging around on the table so I added those to the tag along with some simple twine to top it off.









And, of course. just a couple of words to keep me going.

As I mentioned in the main launch post over at PaperArtsy, I find I'm inclined to use fewer words than usual on a project where there are Lynne Perrella stamps - they seem to speak for themselves pretty clearly!










Thanks for stopping by again today.  I'll be back with my details of my final samples in a few days - saving my favourites for last, of course - including another horsewoman, but even more magnificent!

I'm in snowy NYC for a few days' work at the moment, so apologies if I don't repay the visit for a week or so, but I hope I'll see you again soon either here or elsewhere in Craftyblogland.

UPDATE - sadly it's not snowy at all here!!







Yesterday a strange and surprising creature was seen to pass through our town on horseback. It had the face of a young woman, stuck full of patches ; a perriwig which hung down to its waist; a hat cock’d with the smartness of a young officer; a huge bunch of ribbons fastened behind its left shoulder; a shirt laid in large pleights on the breasts and tied close at the neck and wrists, which, with a vest of white satteen, trimmed with black, had much the resemblance of a shroud.
Richard Steele, mocking female riding habits in The Tatler, 1724

28 comments:

Helen said...

what a gorgeous set of atc trios exploring the new colours! that Violetta is very bright - but I love your 'firework' explosion you got!
Have fun in NYC, don't work too hard!!

Amanda said...

Another fabulous selection of samples, love them.
Love
Amanda x

craftytrog said...

I love the touches of metal and Kraft with those blues and the glorious Violetta! Beautiful and inspiring samples Alison.
Alison xx

chrissie said...

These are all amazing-I would have known they were made with you if I had seen them anywhere :)

Globe trotting again eh? Have a wonderful time and take lots of pics as we haven't seen any snow up here in the north

A fun piece from The Tatler. Made we want to write one myself full of body piercing, tattoos and steel toecap boots.

Take care

Love Chrissie xx

A Pink said...

Fabulous selection of samples . Loving the Sleight Blue and In the Navy. You have done an excellent job Alison of showcasing the New PA fusions and stamp releases . Might have to give those fusions a whirl myself.
hugs

froebelsternchen said...

An AMAZING collection of samples! So inspiring!
oxo Susi

Tracy said...

Swoooooon ....Stunning samples Alison, love the colours and effects ♡♡♡♡♡♡ Huuuuuuge hugs Tracy xxxx

Marci said...

Interesting effects from those infusions and I like the stamps.

Dorthe said...

Your trios are all wonderful, - I love the Infusions, and the stamps together, and you mix of the colors with the cardboard, just is fantastic. I need those new infusions, too. :-)
Dorthe, xoxo

Juliz Design Post said...

Oh I'm drooling over these samples Alison. Fabulous designs.
Julie x

Sue said...

Gorgeous samples Alison, I love the LP stamps with the Distress Inks. The infusions are lovely too,especially with the gesso xx

Hazel Agnew said...

A great introduction to our new members of the Infusions family. Love the simplicity of your designs and clear explanations. Looking forward to your faves. Xx

Redanne said...

Oh my, gorgeous samples Alison! I have never had any luck with these little magic crystals but you have made them look amazing. The Sleight Blue is a real winner for me and I love all of the LP stamps you used, especially the house and handwriting collage one and the 'riding lady' on the tag is beautiful! Anne xx

experiments in paper said...

Stunning collection of samples, Alison!! I am so taken with your distress stamping as well - complements these beautiful powders so well, and those incredible stamps!! Enjoy your time in NYC - hope it isn't too cold or icy to amble about a bit! Safe travels - xxx Lynn

Anneke said...

Your work looks amazing. I enjoyed every bit of it.
I orderd these stamps a few days ago, can't wait to get them
and start playing! Thanks for inspiring me Alison!

Meggymay said...

More gorgeous creative projects with the new awesome stamps.
I love the new colours you are using as well.
Yvonne xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Wow another set of out of this world samples Alison,how do you keep doing it?!
Hugs
Donna xx

Suzanne C said...

Yummy colors and blends! The texture with the stencils is fantastic!

Paper Profusion said...

These look incredible Alison and I can imagine how working with the infusions must be fun! Since I read 'In the Navy' at top of post I havn't stopped singing song by Village People (YMCA), can't get it out of my head now! Enjoy NYC!! Nicola x

Jackie PNeal said...

Absolutely glorious artwork!! I just love the explosions of color you have created Alison and your stamping marries exquisitely with them! may i ask what type of paper you are using your profusions on?I have not yet achieved such beautiful results with mine0- perhaps I am too heavy handed!
By the way, your pinks and violets are gorgeous, even it not regulars colors for you!
keep warm! hugs xx

Kirsten said...

Another stunning collection, you obviously had a great time making all of them.

SewPaperPaint said...

I want to play too!!! :) How fun this looks and how unbelievably beautiful. I'm so getting mine out right away. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

Gerrittina said...

Amazing!! Really love these cards and tags.

Craftyfield said...

How beautiful! Those are my favourite backgrounds of the whole series, the Infusions works so well with the stencilled texture!
Brilliant choice of colour schemes too. xx

Kasia said...

Amazing samples Alison! Fabulous creations :) Hugs!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I feel so bad about not leaving you a comment here earlier! I read this and the next post on my phone but I am not so good at commenting on it, so intended to come by some time……and here I am weeks later!!! So sorry! Looking forward to getting my hands on the new infusions! These example are beautiful! Hugs, Chrisx

sarascloset said...

Well, I'm not going to count this time, as it appears I have a problem with the simplest of math this morning! But what beautiful samples these are, and I have to say I love the artsy look to the first group with the stenciling. Inspiring! Oh,how I wish my bank account would allow me to purchase these beautiful little granules! Love the little bursts of color to set these stamps off perfectly! Hugs!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like all your work, but those ATCs with the paste and the shatter marks on them really speak to me (and they have no stamping). Great stuff! Your explain it all so well that I feel I could pick up the powders and paste and have a go at it myself.