I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Wednesday 12 September 2012

WOYWW 171

Hello Wednesday... hello workdesk... hello What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday!  Once you've seen WO my W this W, why not pop over to the Stamping Ground where Julia Dunnit is hosting her weekly list of crafty workspaces around the world so you can see what everyone's up to.

I'm posting rapidly (two posts again, if you've time for a browse), and off to catch a train again.  For now, here's my mess - no time for tidying up after myself at the moment, though generally I like to get things a little bit clear after each project, just so I can find what I want when I start up the next thing!  But not just now...

 













Inks and papers and stamps left over from the last couple of projects... New re-inkers so that I can make myself some homemade inkpads with those colours... A tiny chest of drawers awaiting some altering... 



And the leftover inchy masks from this card which I took a photo of in close-up as I thought they were very cute - next thing I knew, it was out with the UTEE and they're on the way to being some sort of necklace!  









Have to work out how to make them hang properly... but that's for after work - off to the train now.  Will be doing the rounds then too, and for the rest of the week - happy hopping!




That's another fine mess you've gotten me into!
Stan Laurel



20 comments:

Redanne said...

I loved the card you made using the inchie masks but well done for using up the bits to make a necklace! Very retro looking and I am sure you will work out how to make them hang right. Happy WOYWW, Anne x #82

Brenda Brown said...

Loved that autumn card Alison and great to see how you are using the left overs.
Happy WOYWW and have a fun week.
hugs {brenda} xox #91

Jenny Marples said...

Great inchie card butterfly and what a clever idea to use up the 'waste' for a necklace. Hugs, Buttons #70

House of Bears said...

Ooh we love the idea of the inchie necklace. You're so innovative.

Love from the dark bears this week ;)

Karen McAlpine said...

Everything looks so fun! The new reinkers look like great bright colors. Can't wait to see how you work your magic on the chest of drawers. The jewelry piece looks really interesting. Gift idea??!!
Have a great day!!
Karen 129

Francesca said...

Your inchies look good , great desk too. Re my desk, that was Tuesday when nice and tidy. Thnaks for stopping by. renumbered Francesca now #94

Eliza said...

Love your desk space and what an awesome idea to use up the leftover card, inchie necklace clever.

Eliza #93
Happy creating

Chrissie said...

What lovely things in progress . Thanks for the visit to my desk.
Have a great week.
Chrissie

Karin said...

You've some lovely things on your desk, inchies can be good fun to play with but boy they sure can be fiddly at times.

May said...

Love your desk...those inches are looking fabulous.. Have a happy week, Hugs May x x#65

Ali H said...

Ooh ! lots of fun action on your desk this week ! Too much tidying can be bad for you - just go with the creative energy that a pile of stash can bring !!! Hope the necklace behaves & lies down for you ! Ali #59

Kezzy said...

I am so loving your messy desk as they are lots and lots to look at and lots of inspiration thrown in for good measure :-). Got to ask is that a huge gold inky spray or something else lol. Loving those inchies. Happy Woyww :-) Kerry xxx

BJ said...

Love the inches, really must get myself some UTEE, never tried it. Oh and thanks for reminding me about making my own Autumn Distress colour pads. Still hoping they will release them again though. Thanks for stopping by BJ#100

trisha too said...

Oh, yes, UTEE is fabulous stuff--your inchie necklaces look wonderful!!

Happy WOYWW!
:)trisha, #144

Neet said...

H Alison

Neet calling - now have I seen that inchie work before? Somewhere else me thinks. That's because I am late posting on here! Am sure I saw it yesterday.

Love the idea of the necklace - if you have finished it now why not pop it on the challenge blog too.

Thanks for sharing
Hugs, Neet 17 xx

Unknown said...

Hi Alison thanks for popping by. I love how your desk colours perfectly match your blog - great coordination! You look like you are very busy at the moment. I wanted to follow that piece of string to find out what was at the end of it!! Happy WOYWW to you from Helen 5

Unknown said...

I love seeing what is on your crafty desk . Great idea to turn the inchies into a necklace. ;-) Terrific!

Ana K. said...

Great idea, hope you will wear your beautiful necklace!

Anne said...

Love the necklace your desk looks tidy compared with mine this week. Happy WOYWW Anne x #149

Jan Hennings said...

Lookin good :) Love having a peek into the spaces of fellow crafter's! If you happen to peek in on my blog, be sure to wear a hard hat! LOL!