I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Saturday 22 December 2012

Happy Christmas Swap



Hello all... well, we're nearly there...  two more days to go.  And I've got some very happy Christmas mail to share today.  


The fabulous Trace of inkypinkycraft and I arranged to do a Christmas tag swap, and it's time to share it a little more widely.


I got the most amazing tag from Trace - an absolute wonder of texture and beauty, as well as some delicious little parcels of little crafty goodies.


Not the least exciting bit was that they were all wrapped in bits of TH tissue wrap, all carefully preserved, and now added to the stash!  You'll be seeing some creations using the lovely bits and pieces Trace sent me very soon, as they're irresistible - so generous!





But this amazing tag is irresistible too: I love the UTEE'd flower (melt pot fabulousness, I'm thinking); and it's brilliant to see some of Trace's much-loved and oh-so-cool rusty, twirly wire in real life.

And some rusty wire was in one of my little packages... very much looking forward to having a little play!

You can also see the fantastic acetate holly leaves, with gold text running across them - wow...


The deer is a delight - and I love the new flourish stamp across his middle and around the tag.  I just love it - thank you Trace, and I will cherish both it and our crafty friendship!  If you haven't seen Trace's work, head over here for a real Christmas treat...


I'll show you a quick picture of the tag and little bundles I sent in the opposite direction, and I hope to offer you a chance to see my one in more detail with some 'making-of' details very soon.  But I wanted to keep this post short and sweet to share the swapping fun!


So here's the tag below.  I made it keeping in mind what I know of Trace's love of hearts.







There are loads of differently textured ones, with even more on the back - so you'll just have to come back to see those, or maybe Trace will give you peek at them over at hers.

And here are the little parcels I included.  I also popped in my recent My Heart Has Wings ATC that I knew Trace had loved.  If there's one thing she likes more than hearts, it's hearts with wings!




So I'm going to leave it at that for this post.  I hope perhaps you'll come back soon (perhaps even later today) when I'll share some of the details of how I made the tag for Trace.  





But for now, I'd just like to say this swap represents the tip of an enormous iceberg.  It's hard to express how much I value this extraordinary community of crafters - the generosity, creativity and inspiration I have found here in Craftyblogland in the six months I've been at this has been truly astounding, and I am so happy to have discovered this wonderful world.  I wish you and yours a peaceful and joyous festive season, and look forward to much, much more in 2013!

For centuries men have kept an appointment with Christmas. Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.
W.J.Tucker

15 comments:

Hettie said...

Both tags are beautiful. Aren't you lucky?
Hugs
xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

Alison this was a wonderful swap and I will treasure my tag and goodies and also our friendship
Cannot wait to play with my new goodies when the boys are better.
Have a wonderful Christmas
Love trace xx

Jenny Marples said...

How talented are you too! Beautiful tags/ATC and so fantastic to make such good friends in Blogland. I know you are going to have the most wonderful New Year ahead and hope you enjoy a lovely relaxing Christmas. Hugs to a real crafty friend, Jenny x

Lisa Minckler said...

UTEE...love that stuff! That's the most gorgeous flower. Incredible swap :)
Hugs and a Very Merry Christmas to you.
Lisa x

Sarah said...

Beautiful creations on both sides of this swap! You gals are just bursting with talent!

House of Bears said...

Both tags are wonderful, and we totally agree with your sentiments about crafty blogland. Xxx

Anonymous said...

Always a beautiful idea to do a swap especially when you admire someone's art so much.
Gorgeous little touches and the fact that you can re-use the wrap is even more fun for you.
Beautiful tags created from both of you.
Alison, your words certainly sum up my feelings towards this world of blogging, something I never anticipated when I started my blog and I am sure you didn't either. It is a special place to be part of.
Seasons Wishes to you and to say thank you for your lovely support and the time you take out of your day to visit my Blog, it is greatly appreciated and also has been lovely getting to know you those past months.
Lynne x

sam21ski said...

What a lovely idea to do the swap, but out of everything I absolutely adore that heart tag, it's just gorgeous.

Wishing you and your family a merry Christmas and all the best for the coming year.

Sam xxx

Connie said...

Hi, I just found the comment that you left on my Top Hat post. Thank you . . . Your art is wonderful and I am honored that you like mine, too. I am having a Give-away . . . please come over and enter.
Merry Christmas
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Dorthe said...

Those are such fantastic tags, both- gorgeous in colours, and texture...so many tecnique used on both and the you also even was given lovely gifts ,on top on those wonderful tags, to and from!!.

This will be my last blogging for some dayes, so I wish you a wonderful christmas dear Allison.
I`m happy you visited me ,so I caN visit you here.
Hugs,Dorthe

Redanne said...

Hi Alison, Blogland is the most wonderful of places, you are so right and to make so many friends is just an extra bonus. You and Trace are two very talented young ladies and I look forward to seeing what you each create in 2013. Merry Christmas once again! Hugs, Anne x

Nan G said...

I echo the sentiments of others...both tags are fab! Really really love the hearts tag! And Trace's flower is to die for! What a great swap between two talented ladies! Enjoy the new goodies!
Happy Christmas and a Blessed New Year to you!
Hugs Nan

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful tags both of them, what great talented swap partners you are! The textures and details on both tags are a delight!! I greatly look forward to seeing all the new creations both of you will be making and I couldn't agree more on this wonderful blog crafting community!
Have a fantastic Christmas!!

chrissie said...

What a wonderful idea to swap and both of you make terrific pieces of art for sure.

Have a lovely Christmas and a Happy 2013.

Best wishes Chrissie xx

Marjie Kemper said...

So lovely on every level! Glad you and Trace had such a wonderful swap, and so glad to know you as well through Blogland. Happy New Year, Alison!